Global Tuidang Center



Procuratorate Returns Case against Falun Gong Practitioner to Police

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Correspondent in China  |  Minghui

Ms. Han Xuejiao, 29, works for a foreign firm in Shanghai (Minghui)

A local procuratorate in Jiamusi City recently returned a case against a Falun Gong practitioner to police.

Ms. Sun Yanhuan, 57, was arrested on December 24, 2015 for filing a criminal complaint against former Chinese dictator Jiang Zemin for ordering the persecution of Falun Gong that resulted in her past detention.

She was released on bail, but was summoned to Jianguolu Police Station on November 8, 2016. Officer Qu Zebin accused her of not cooperating with the police and took her back into custody. She has remained at Jiamusi Detention Center since then.

Qu and two other officers interrogated Ms. Sun at the detention center the next day and threatened to give her a heavy sentence if she refused to renounce her lawsuit against Jiang.

Ms. Sun held firm to her right to hold Jiang responsible for the groundless persecution of Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline based on the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

Mr. Li Ming, her out-of-town lawyer, visited Jiamusi on March 16, 2017 to review her case and meet with her in person.

The procuratorate returned the case to police days later.

Henan Woman Set Free

A Huinan City resident was set free after the local procuratorate declined to indict her as recommended by police.

Ms. Hou Guihua was doing household chores on November 11, 2016 when four officers broke in and arrested her. They targeted her because a surveillance video revealed that she had mailed some materials to Li Yucheng, head of the local domestic security office.

The materials Ms. Hou wanted Li to see were about Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. Ms. Hou had hoped for Li and his officers to stop persecuting local Falun Gong practitioners like her.

The local procuratorate issued a formal arrest warrant on December 12, but the prosecutors decided to not indict her after she told them during interrogation that no law criminalizes Falun Gong, and that the persecution has lacked legal basis from the onset.

The police released Ms. Hou on March 15, 2017 after her case was returned by the procuratorate.

Shanghai Woman Released from Detention

Ms. Han Xuejiao, a Falun Gong practitioner employed by a foreign firm in Shanghai, was recently released on March 17 after being unjustly detained for one month.

Since her arrest on February 17, her mother went to the local police department every day seeking her release. Her aunt in Dallas, Texas, also contacted the Chinese consulate and her congressional representatives in Washington D.C.

Ms. Han’s aunt, Ms. Li Lianrong, is a U.S. citizen living in Dallas. Ms. Li went to the Chinese Consulate in Houston, requesting help to secure her niece’s release. In the meantime, she visited the offices of her congressman and senator, briefing them on the case, as well as the continued suppression in China.

Chinese Consulate officers said they could not help and refused to accept any materials. In contrast, staff members of the congressman and senator met with her and took steps to assist her.

Within days, Ms. Li received a letter from U.S. Senator John Cornyn informing her that his office had contacted the State Department about this case and would keep updating her of the progress.

The U.S. Southern Falun Dafa Association held a press conference for Ms. Han in front the Chinese Consulate on March 2.

At the press conference, Ms. Li gave a speech on the ordeal her niece and family were going through simply for their belief in Falun Dafa. She talked about how Falun Dafa had benefited Ms. Han, who had become illness-free thanks to the practice.

Just before Ms. Han’s release, officials in Shanghai contacted local village and township officers in Heilongjiang Province, attempting to send her back to her hometown so that local officials could continue detaining her, but the request was denied.

In the end, Shanghai police released her on March 17.

Help end Communism world wide. Sign the End CCP Petition at

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin