Global Tuidang Center



Daughter Encourages Prisoner of Conscience as He Is Taken Away to Brainwashing Center



While a high-level political conclave in Beijing at which the rule of law was touted as the foundation of governance, prisoners of conscience continue to endure incomprehensible treatment.
Wang Zhiwen, a Falun Gong practitioner in China, was released on Oct. 18 after serving 15 years of his 16-year sentence. The police then abducted Wang and took him to a brainwashing center in Beijing.
“A prison is at least part of the legal system. The brainwashing centers are not. They are not even legal,” said his daughter Danielle in an interview with Epoch Times.
“Dad, you must keep it up. We never stop trying to rescue you. After so many years, I believe you are truly great. You have always been the one that I look up to,” Danielle recalled telling her father on the phone while Wang was being taken to a brainwashing center.
“Dad, I miss you. I miss you so much. And I have been waiting for you for so long,” said Danielle, while tears poured down her face.
A relative who went to meet Wang on the day of his release, said that Wang had a stiff face and a slanted mouth due to a recent stroke. He also suffers from high blood pressure and diabetes. Wang left the hospital the day before his release from prison.
“Why did dad have to stay in a hospital until one day before he was released?” said Danielle, who professed being traumatized by the news.
Danielle is currently living in New York. Her aunt in China managed to hand a phone to Wang before he was taken away, and Danielle was able to speak to her dad for about 5 minutes.
Wang was one of three representatives of Falun Gong who talked to then-Chinese Premier Zhu Rongji on April 25, 1999.
Following the beating and arrest of Falun Gong practitioners in the city of Tianjin on April 23, over 10,000 Falun Gong practitioners had gathered peacefully in Beijing to assert their constitutionally guaranteed right to their beliefs.
Zhu agreed to release those arrested in Tianjin and gave assurances that Falun Gong could be practiced without interference in China.
Zhu’s reassurances did not end up binding the Chinese regime. Nationwide persecution of Falun Gong practitioners began on July 20, 1999. Wang was arrested early that morning and has been detained ever since.
“When my relatives in China visited my father, he would always finish the food that they brought very quickly. I think that he didn’t have much to eat while in prison,” said Danielle.
“He was severely beaten in prison. All 10 of his fingers had bamboo sticks jammed under his fingernails. He once had a fractured skull after being beaten. He lost some teeth and was always being deprived of sleep,” Danielle said.

Help end Communism world wide. Sign the End CCP Petition at